History of dating dating rolex watch
The Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths, one of the most powerful of London’s ‘City Livery Companies’, purchased the site and buildings after the Naval School moved out in 1889.Two years later, The Goldsmiths’ Company’s Technical and Recreative Institute opened.
The Royal Naval School then bought the site, building what is now our Richard Hoggart Building in 1843.
After the Academy closed, the Royal Naval School bought the site.
Over the next five decades they provided an education to the sons of officers in the Royal Navy and Royal Marines.
The Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths acquired the school and reopened it in 1891 as The Goldsmiths’ Company’s Technical and Recreative Institute.
With the dawn of the twentieth century, the Company handed over the Institute to the University of London.